Body Image? Gratitude? In the same sentence? Not usually. A fellow blogger is hosting a link-up about things we are grateful for (or like) about ourselves - on the outside. You know, the parts everyone can see.
I came up with one:
1. At least I'm not short. I don't want to be short, but I don't really want to be Amazonian either. I'm good with my height. My height and I get along well (although sometimes we like to disagree when it comes to pants.)
(I mean, really. How could I not post this picture?)
I thought about it a little bit more......surely I could come up with four more things! So, with a little bit of sarcasm, and a mild dose of humility, I give you numbers 2-5:
2. I'm grateful that my genes were down with losing the excess weight I gained with each pregnancy (through diet and exercise.) Actually, just exercise. I cannot seem to control myself when it comes to food. #nomnom
3. I'm grateful that I still have all of my appendages. No, really. I mean that.
(I don't have a picture. Sorry. Just imagine me doing "The Robot" dance. Because I'm cool like that.)
4. I'm glad I have naturally curly hair. It's probably like having a wig or two....will I be curly, or will I be straight today? Hmmmmm..... (Also, it would seem that Oscar de la Renta is making natural (a la frizzy) hair a comeback this next spring......
(Who cares about her hair, look at that dress! I die. And Oscar de la Renta is a genius)
*image courtesy of Oscar de la Renta and google
5. I'm glad that I don't have a toe that is longer than my big toe. I'd probably need an even larger shoe size just to accommodate it!
(Seriously. This baby has a french pedicure. Wow. Just. Wow.)
That's about all the gratitude I could muster for my physical appearance.
What about you? Do you have 5 things that you are grateful for?
*all images courtesy of google pictures